Thursday, September 24, 2009

Quinton "Rampage" Jackson leaving the UFC and says he's done with fighting

According to a blog on his website Quinton "Rampage" Jackson appears to be on his way out of the UFC.
Quinton ‘Rampage’ Jackson, one of Ultimate Fighting Championship’s most popular stars, says he has called it quits on his mixed-martial-arts career.
“I’m done fighting,” Jackson, a former UFC and Pride champion, wrote in a blog posting on his official website Tuesday.
“I still feel the UFC is a great organization and I felt like I was very loyal to them but they didn’t respect my loyalty but I wish the UFC the best. I did a lot of things for them. I wish no bad blood between us but I have kids & a family back in Memphis to provide for & thats all that matters to me!”
Jackson, 31, has been at the centre of controversy in recent weeks. He served as one of the coaches in the current season of UFC’s reality TV show The Ultimate Fighter, and was expected to face rival coach Rashad Evans at UFC 107 in December in Jackson’s hometown of Memphis.
UFC president Dana White went so far as to say that the Evans-Jackson match, built up by a dramatic season of The Ultimate Fighter, would be one of the most anticipated bouts in company history. But after Jackson accepted a role in the movie remake of The A-Team, he pulled out of the December date due to filming conflicts, drawing the ire of White, who said last month that he and Jackson weren’t speaking.
A source close to Jackson told MMAWeekly.com that Jackson said he wasn't going to fight for the UFC unless "they offered him a (explitive) of money."
Last month Jackson was heavily criticized by UFC President Dana White after it was announced he would be playing the role of B.A Baracus in the upcoming remake of the A-Team.
Click to more ...

No comments:

Post a Comment